Back ground and Establishment
Established in 1945 with diffrent named as Addis Engineering and Hibret Machine Tools Engineering Complex under the ministry of defense industries. But now it is renamed as Hibret Manufacturing and Machine Building Industry (HMMBI), since it has got new vision and direction from the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia (FDRE), and it’s enforced to restructure itself under the scope of Metals and Engineering Corporation mandates and activities so as to address its establishment objectives.
It is organized incorporating ten factories and it executes different high value activities in order to ensure and enhance industrial machinery technology & address national capital goods demand. The Industry’s main office and its factories are located in Addis Ababa, next to METEC’s Headquarter. HMMBI has yet constructed above 82 Flexible Manufacturing workshops, producing and constructing different machine manufacturing plants throughout the country for new manufacturers.
Machine Building Factory,
- Material Treatment and Engineering Factory
- Precision Manufacturing Factory
- Machine Body and Structure Production Factory
- Conventional Manufacturing Factory.
- Bolts and nuts Production Factory
- Awash Brake-pad Factory
- Debre Birhane Bearing Production Factory
- Debre Birhane Actuator Production Factory
- Machine Automation Factory
The manufactured products primarily serve as input into a wide variety of industrial machinery used by agencies in the public and private sectors.
- To See Prosperous Ethiopia in industrial machines and manufacturing technologies
- Establishing production factories, build industrial machineries, produce and address capital goods and spare parts under internationally accepted quality and competitive price, So as to realize national transformation and development strategic plan.
- Address our FDRE ministry of defense demand
- Perform continuous capacity building and technology development activities.